Edible Finger Lakes, periodiCALS magazine, Cornell Chronicle, Ithaca Times, Trumansburg Free Press, Lansing Ledger, Ovid Gazette, Finger Lakes Wine Gazette, Finger Lakes Wine Country, Bluff & Vine literary review
Writer | Author | Yoga Practitioner
Experienced writer with a knack for finding the story and turning complex research into a compelling read. Particularly skilled in distilling the science of food and wine
CMS and email marketing systems: WordPress, MailChimp
Social media: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
Mental health advocacy
Design: Canva, Piktochart, Adobe InDesign, PhotoShop.
Yoga Teacher (RYT-200)
Freelance communications specialist
(2011 – Present)
- News and feature stories for Cornell University news service, research centers, regional magazines, and local newspapers.
- Author, Finger Lakes Wine Country (Arcadia Press, 2015), an archival photographic history of the first 150-years of grape growing and winemaking in Finger Lakes, New York.
- Creation of print collateral (brochures, rack cards, case studies).
- Website content.
- Media support for local nonprofit, including press releases, media alerts, radio interviews and social media management.
Contract Copywriter/Copyeditor at eCornell
(2013 – 2018)
- Wrote copy for website, video scripts, landing pages, and email campaigns.
- Wrote blog posts, social media posts (Facebook and Twitter), press releases, and case studies.
- Ghostwrote articles by executives and professors for placement in industry publications.
Manager, Marketing & Communications at
Cornell Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies
(2009 – 2011)
- Moved quarterly hrSpectrum newsletter online, wrote and edited articles; and hired and managed freelance writers.
- Created email marketing campaigns and print collateral.
- Wrote special reports, conference coverage, and research briefs.
- Designed and updated website.
- Connected CAHRS faculty to PR opportunities with B2B and national media.