Writing, Marketing Communications and Public Relations
April 2011 – Present (3 years 8 months)
- Covering food, wine, agriculture and science for regional newspapers, magazines and Cornell University.
- Recent web articles for the Boyce Thompson Institute for Plant Research
Contract Copywriter, editor and content developer at eCornell
March 2013 – March 2014 (1 year 1 month)
- Create engaging website and email copy, blog/social media posts, video scripts, articles and case studies for eCornell’s world-class online professional development courses and certificate programs.
Manager, Marketing & Communications, Cornell Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies (CAHRS)
January 2009 – July 2011 (2 years 7 months)
- Directed and implemented marketing and communications for the Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies (CAHRS) and ILR Executive Education; this included partnering with ILR Communications on media relations and PR opportunities for CAHRS/HR Studies faculty and research.
- Responsible for producing, editing and writing for the hrSpectrum enewsletter; hiring and managing freelance writers; creating and managing email marketing campaigns; updating website design/content; and writing/producing special reports, news stories and research briefs.
Program Coordinator, Cornell University ILR School
August 2005 – January 2009 (3 years 6 months)
- Managed life-cycle of HR executive education and CAHRS programs, including event planning and management; marketing, communications, client relations, business development and proposal writing.
Manager, Industry Media Relations at National Retail Federation
June 2000 – September 2002 (2 years 4 months)
- Built relationships with print and broadcast media to increase awareness of retail industry issues and association events as industry spokesperson; produced press releases and other written assignments, handled industry media relations, provided media coaching and talking points for NRF President and other executives for live and taped interviews.
- Trumansburg Yoga Loft, Post-Partum Depression to Joy/Mamas Comfort Camp, and Double Dog Timberworks (now Hammerstone School Carpentry for Women).
Cooking and Catering
- Head Line Chef at Suzanne’s Fine Regional Cuisine, June – August 2005
- Garde Manger Chef at Willow Restaurant, February – June 2005
- Account Executive at RSVP Catering, September 2003 – December 2004 (1 year 4 months)
- Garde Manger/Line Chef/Manager’s Assistant at 2941 Restaurant & Cafe 2941, October 2002 – September 2003 (1 year)
University of Virginia
B.A., Psychology, 1994 – 1998 (with distinction)